CHAMBER’S HISTORY

Silifke Chamber of Commerce and Industry’s (STSO) foundation and 

our presidents since the foundation: 
Date of foundation: 1908. 
Our first office: Top floor of the building belonging to Sipahizade Osman Efendi in the area of Alaattin Mosque. 1908
Date of moving to No. 12, first floor of a building bought by the Chamber from Greek Agabios on Hükümet Street: 1910. 
The chamber functioned in this building until 7.1.1951. 
The Chamber functioned on top floor of the building No. 32 belonging to journalist Hasan Kayhan across old Community Centre between 7.1.1951 and 20.9.1959.
The Chamber continued to function at No. 12 on Hükümet Street from 20.9.1959 until 20.3.1965. 
The Chamber has been based at No. 12 across the Mall of Atty Rahmi Doğanlar since 20.3.1965 up to today.